Thursday, April 11, 2013

Jay-Z Addresses Cuba Trip Controversy in "Open Letter"


Culled from BET :

In true Hov fashion, Brooklyn's finest takes a moment to dumb it all the way down for his recent critics: "I'm in Cuba, I love Cubans," he spit on "Open Letter," a song he dropped early this morning on his Life+Times site.
"You know whenever I'm threatened I start shooting."
It's not often that Jay feels the need to respond, but apparently he was upset that his Cuba visit was taking precedence on CNN over, say, North Korea. He recorded the song in a smoothed out huff just last night. Swizz Beatz and Timbaland produced the track that is just haunting enough, it makes his lyrics sound all the more daunting.

"Every time you think you got me, I switch the plan up," he said, changing lanes from his last appearance on record, "Suit & Tie."
Hov then addresses all the major news making noise.
His deal with Universal:
"Hear the freedom in my speech / Got an onion from Universal, read it and weep"
The drama surrounding his family trip to Cuba:
"I done turned Havana to Atlanta ... Ballin' til they ban us, you getting too much bread they try to jam ya / Boy from the hood but got White House clearance, sorry y'all, but I don't agree with your appearance,"
And his move with Roc Nation Sports:
"I woulda moved the Nets to Brooklyn for free / Except I made millions off you f--king dweebs / I still own the building, I'm still keeping my seats / You buy that bullsh-t, you better keep your receipts."

There's been no mention of whether this track will land on an album.

No comments:

Post a Comment