Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My visit to Aba, Abia State




Sorry for the Long Pause...Went for a Church Convention in Abia State to worship, praise, pray to my God.
had mad fun there! And I noticed something, Aba people are the most industrious people in Nigeria... if not the world at large... Prove me wrong! But it is most unfortunate that they are not quite recognized and appreciated.
Embedded image permalink
A shop where shoes are made and sold
more after the cut...




Saw people making shoes, bags, belts e.t.c. Coincidentally, many of the things we use in Nigeria, especially Lagos, are all made in Aba, but you will not know. They have succeeded in transforming products to look just like the original and I think I am quite impressed with the level of commitment and dedication this people reflect in their struggle to survive... If given the opportunity, they could be as big as other cities in world like Milan and Paris that make quality shoes, bags and clothes.
Their only challenges are bad roads, lack of financial support, lack of equipment and bad governance if i may include. Because I saw with my own two eyes and saw that these people are gifted, Nigerians are really gifted and we do whatever we want to do very well.

Their "honorable" governor should leniently look into these conditions mentioned above and observe the kind of transformation that will commence.It is one thing for a man to be gifted, but lazy and it quite a different story for a man to be gifted, hardworking, but wasting away... dear Gov. think again!

No comments:

Post a Comment